You can’t see it, taste it or smell it

                but it can kill quickly and with no warning!

 

What is carbon monoxide?

Carbon monoxide (CO) is a highly poisonous odorless substance produced by the incomplete burning of gas, fossil fuels or Liquid Petroleum Gas (LPG).

This happens when a gas appliance has been incorrectly fitted, badly repaired or poorly maintained. It can also occur if flues, chimneys or vents are blocked. Oil and solid fuels such as coal, wood, petrol and oil can also produce carbon monoxide.

We can provide the following:

  • Monitored testing for analytical CO levels
  • Laboratory analysis of CO levels using desorption tube medium
  • CO testing, sensor replacement and calibration for parkade and mechanical room installations
  • Consulting on CO safety and levels for residential, workplace, commercial and industrial applications
  • WorkSafe related matters

Remember the six main symptoms to look out for:

  1. headaches
  2. dizziness
  3. nausea
  4. breathlessness
  5. collapse
  6. loss of consciousness

Carbon monoxide symptoms are similar to the flu, food poisoning, viral infections and simply tiredness. That’s why it’s quite common for people to mistake this very dangerous poisoning for something else.

What is carbon monoxide poisoning?

Carbon monoxide poisoning occurs when you breathe in even small amounts of the gas. When you breathe in carbon monoxide, it gets into your blood stream and prevents your red blood cells from carrying oxygen. Without oxygen, your body tissue and cells die.

Levels that do not kill can cause serious harm to health when breathed in over a long period of time. Long-term effects of carbon monoxide poisoning include Paralysis and brain damage. Such long term effects occur because many people are unaware of unsafe gas appliances and subsequent gas leaks.

 

If you are unsure, contact a mr natural® environmental engineer to test for carbon monoxide or consult on improvements safety indoors.

Show Buttons
Hide Buttons